Office Romance – Part 1 | Arranged Marriage Tales
What are you saying?
– Yes, bro! Hahahahaha!!! Hahahahaha!!! You also make fun of me!
– Bro, are you serious? But I put my foot down, bro! This is not happening bro, who gets married at the age of 26? Hmmmm, Momma’s baniya boy, hmm!!
– What the fu– Don’t abuse Mr. Abhay Gupta, Abusing doesn’t suit men who are about to get married. Let’s go upstairs, bro! Your marriage scene looks set, bro! Bro, you seem happier than my mom!
– Obviously bro! And then she said, that I’ll be given an average rating I mean, what does she even think of herself? C’mon, relax Aashi! Enough of bitching, how’s Aditya? He’s good! What’s your scene like? Scene, as in? Marriage and all, you know! Ya, soon, very soon!
– Great! And, you tell me, what’s up? All well! Just got my rating, so it’s all good in the team. Ananya, who’s that guy wih Kunal? I don’t know Some new joinee maybe Okay Let’s go for shopping this weekend.
– Yup, let’s go! Excuse me, Is the machine serving, Espresso?
– Yes, it is. Thank you! Espresso fan? Yes, you too? Yup! Btw I’m Abhay, I joined he data science team, a few days back. I’m Aashi, research team.
– Hi Aashi! I suppose–
– I’ll get going then.. Okay!
– See you around!
– See you! Hi Adi. How are you? Oh, your mom left for office? Great! Minti has a test today, right? Did she study well? Okay! Nice. I was just leaving for office. Hey Adi, how are you? Oh, your dad left for office?
Okay, great! Minti has a test today, right? How much did she score in the previous test? Ohh that’s nice! I have just left for office! Eye contact and all? That’s great! Now, you will get married to her?
– What the fu– Don’t abuse, Mr. Gupta.. On a serious note, What better sign will she give you? Talk to her and take her out on a date. What say? Good! Hi Adi, how are you? Oh, you have already left for office?
Great! Oh really, you are eating bitter gourd today? And, what is Minti’s scene today? Oh, she is studying today? Okay! I have left for office!
On my way. Mixed signals! What? She is giving you mixed signals. Don’t become fancy unnecessarily. I am not becoming fancy, it’s a time-tested strategy of girls. How should I explain you!! You’re seeing this? This Lassi? You enjoy drinking Lassi, when it’s cold right? What? Bro, if the Lassi becomes hot, you won’t enjoy drinking it, right? Bro, using V-lookup since morning has given me a bad headache. Bro, open your mind She checked you out?
You checked her out? Okay Now, in this whole process, if she conveys her interest way too much, don’t you think she will show herself to be too available? So, as a result maybe you will lose interest in her? You mean, the Lassi will become hot? Exactly, bro You will enjoy drinking the Lassi only till the time it is cold. Aashi wants, that you should continue to feel attracted towards her. She wants to keep this process continued. I don’t agree with this. Doesn’t matter if you agree or disagree, girls think like that. Don’t try to act like a hero! Why are you getting senti? You want to get married to her or what? No, nothing like that!
I don’t want to get involved in any office romance. You should never date your co-workers. So damn true, Ananya!
– I Know? And these days people really this thing of calling their marriage a love marriage I don’t know why. It’s just a label, isn’t it? Trendy I guess? Indians and their obsession with marriage. What’s up? No, nothing. You’re right! You were asking me about that guy with Kunal, that day? Oh, which one? He is a new joinee, Abhay. Oh, that one. So, there is something really interesting about him. My cab is here, I’ll tell you later. Ok, bye.
– Okay! Bye. Hello?
Where are you? Oh, okay! You will reach in 15 minutes. Okay! I am standing outside the office. I’m waiting. Okay. So, how was your day? Okay. Oh, so you ate Apple Gourd? Oh, Minti made them? That’s great! I’m standing outside office. Waiting for the cab. How much time will you take? I have been waiting for half an hour. One second.
Listen! What the hell? Hi! Oh Hi!!
– All well? Can I help you? Actually, I’m waiting for my cab, the cab driver got late. So, I guess I’ll just go upstairs and wait. If you don’t mind, can I drop you? No no, that’s fine. The cab driver must be on his way. I’ll be fine.
– Are you sure?
-Yes. You want to walk for sometime?
There is a good place over there. You mean the hub? Actually I’m new, so I don’t know the terms. Maybe, you could show me around? Ya, sure! After you! So, You’re a part of Prakash Aggarwal’s team, right? Yes. And you?
Rohit Kapoor, I guess? Ya, Rohit. I have heard, Prakash Aggarwal takes time to clear the cab expenses?
– Yup, he’s a baniya. I’m sorry, it was just general. I don’t have anything against baniyas. I don’t remember if I told you– So, what else? Just a fun fact, Baniyas get married at a very young age. Are you married? Obviously not! But, yes my family wants me to get married soon. Arranged marriage and all?
– Why do you say so? See, I don’t have a problem with marriage. I’m just worried about compatibilty issues. What if I’m not compatible with the girl I get married to? But you have to adjust, right? Why? It’s about your wedding, it’s a life long commitment But you have to adjust, even when you are compatible with each other, right? That’s a different type of adjustment, this is different. That’s a compromise, not adjustment. Is that the driver?
– No, he is not here yet! Do you want to have some ice-cream? Sure! My cab is here, I’ll get going. It was really nice talking to you, I had a great time. Me too! See you.
– Bye Bye. Aashi!
– Yes! I am not a big fan of getting involved with co-workers, but I would like to know you better. Maybe, if.. I could take you out for coffee someday? Abhay, I’m really sorry, but, I have a boyfriend. Oh…Okay..no problem, that’s perfectly fine. See you.
– See you.